Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Lord is sovereign in all the earth

The Lord is sovereign in all the earth
Man are but of little worth

Thou we may try to earn our ways
pursuing righteouesness all our days

Invain by works we pursue thee
For faith is what requires of me

Truely O Lord apart from you
can we ever find rest in you

Nothing in my hand I bring
simply to thy Cross I cling

Psalm 144:3
New Living Translation (NLT)
3 O Lord, what are human beings that you should notice them,
    mere mortals that you should think about them?

Romans 9:31-32
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
31 but Israel, (A)pursuing a law of righteousness, did not (B)arrive at that law. 32 Why? Because they did not pursue it [a]by faith, but as though it were [b]by works. They stumbled over (C)the stumbling stone,

The law given to Moses is never intended to be a law of works by which we earn anything from God. Is was always intented to be a law of faith by which we express our love and affection and dependence upon God who save by grace.

Jonah 4:10-11
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
10 Then the Lord said, “You had compassion on the plant for which you did not work and which you did not cause to grow, which [a]came up overnight and perished [b]overnight. 11 Should I not (A)have compassion on Nineveh, the great city in which there are more than 120,000 persons who do not (B)know the difference between their right and left hand, as well as many (C)animals?”

Matthew 18:3
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
3 and said, “Truly I say to you, unless you [a]are converted and (A)become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Job 1:21
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
21 He said,
“(A)Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
And naked I shall return there.
The (B)Lord gave and the Lord has taken away.
Blessed be the name of the Lord.”

John 14:6
New Living Translation (NLT)
6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment