Thursday, September 13, 2012

Do you know God!

Do you know God!

Psalm 135:6
6 The Lord does whatever pleases him,in the heavens and on the earth,in the seas and all their depths.

Romans 9:15
“(A)I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”

Exodus 3:14
“[a](A)I AM WHO [b]I AM”;

Isaiah 42:8
"I am the LORD, that is My name;
I will not give My glory to another,
Nor My praise to graven images.

Isaiah 48:11
"For My own sake, for My own sake, I will act;
For how can My name be profaned?
And My glory I will not give to another.

Isaiah 45:7
King James Version (KJV)
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Revelation 4:11
11 “(A)Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You (B)created all things, and because of Your will they [a]existed, and were created.”

Psalm 46:10
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
10 [a]Cease striving and (A)know that I am God;
I will be (B)exalted among the [b]nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

Job 1:21
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
21 He said,
(A)Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
And naked I shall return there.
The (B)Lord gave and the Lord has taken away.
Blessed be the name of the Lord.”

Your people Oh Lord they do not know you.
Like a sheep without a shepherd are confuse.

Day and night they toil like slave.
Thinking then they might be save.

O those man of little faith.
Insulting your unmerited grace.

For salvation is a gift through faith.
Nothing apart from your saving grace.

Seek to grow in the knowledge of the Lord.

2 Peter 3:18
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
18 but grow in the grace and (A)knowledge of our (B)Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (C)To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.


How can you do what is ultimately good for people if you don’t have any strong convictions about what is ultimately good?” ~John Piper

For Paul, doctrine is the basis of unity. Without the common doctrine they had been taught, the unity would not have been Christian unity. ~John Piper

Isolating false teachers—avoiding them—is Paul’s strategy for preserving unity that is based on true teaching  (Romans 16:17–20 ) ~John Piper

Working alot for God doesn't mean you know God alot. If you know God you will work for God, not the other way round.

No one so bereft of genuine faith could possibly produce true good works (A bad tree cannot bear good fruit) ~ John MacArthur

Matthew 7:21-23
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
21 (A)Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 (B)Many will say to Me on (C)that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many [a]miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; (D)depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’

Dr Martyn Lloyd Jones
"One of the greatest preachers of the 20th century was Martyn Lloyd Jones,pastor of westminster chapel, London for 29 years until his retirement in 1968. He died March 1, 1981, but his writing and preaching continue... I think preachers need to hear this kind of preaching as a partial antidote to the relentless trivializing of preaching in our day. ~John piper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRJ4BQsAgLw

No comments:

Post a Comment