Sunday, December 9, 2012

Messiah was to be a prophet like Moses

Messiah was to be a prophet like Moses

Deuteronomy 18:15
New American Standard Bible (NASB)

15 (A)The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your [a]countrymen, you shall listen to him.

Deuteronomy 18:18
New American Standard Bible (NASB)

18 I will raise up a prophet from among their [a]countrymen like you, and (A)I will put My words in his mouth, and (B)he shall speak to them all that I command him.

Deuteronomy 18:19
New Living Translation (NLT)

19 I will personally deal with anyone who will not listen to the messages the prophet proclaims on my behalf.

New Testament Fulfilment

John 7:40
New Living Translation (NLT)

Division and Unbelief
40 When the crowds heard him say this, some of them declared, “Surely this man is the Prophet we’ve been expecting.”[a]

No comments:

Post a Comment