Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Messiah was to be given sour wine

The Messiah was to be given sour wine

Psalm 69:21
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
21 They also gave me [a](A)gall [b]for my food
And for my thirst they (B)gave me vinegar to drink.

New Testament Fulfilment

Matthew 27:34
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
34 (A)they gave Him (B)wine to drink mixed with gall; and after tasting it, He was unwilling to drink.

John 19:28-30
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
28 After this, Jesus, (A)knowing that all things had already been accomplished, (B)to fulfill the Scripture, *said, (C)I am thirsty.” 29 A jar full of sour wine was standing there; so (D)they put a sponge full of the sour wine upon a branch of hyssop and brought it up to His mouth. 30 Therefore when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, (E)It is finished!” And He bowed His head and (F)gave up His spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment