Saturday, June 22, 2013

My sheep listen to my voice. They are united because the shepherd calls them.

My sheep listen to my voice. They are united because the shepherd calls them.
============================================================

~John 10:27
New Living Translation (NLT)
27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

~John 10:14
New Living Translation (NLT)
14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me,

~John 10:11
New Living Translation (NLT)
11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep.

I tell you the truth, any one who tried to preach the gospel contrary to the tradition of the apostle is like the one who sneaks over the wall of a sheepfold, rather than going through the gate (Preaches Justification through Christ alone), must surely be a thief and a robber!.

But the one who preaches the Justification of Christ alone is the one who enters through the gate and he is the shepherd of the sheep.

The undershepherds (Pastor) opens the gate for the Chief shepherd (Jesus), and the sheep recognize the undershepherd's voice and come to him. The undershepherds calls his own sheep by name and leads them to Christ.

After the undershepherds has gathered his own flock, he walks ahead of them, and they follow him because the sheep knows the doctrine that he is preaching.

They won’t follow a strange doctrine apart from the Justification of Christ alone; they will run from him because they don’t know this teaching.”

Those who heard Jesus use this illustration didn’t understand what he meant, so he explained it to them: “I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep.

All who came before me preaching the gospel contrary to what I am doing were thieves and robbers. But the true sheep did not listen to them.

Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures.

The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.

A theology that teaches obedience is a prerequisite for salvation is not the gospel of Christ.

~Acts 20:28-30
New Living Translation (NLT)
28 “So guard yourselves and God’s people. Feed and shepherd God’s flock—his church, purchased with his own blood[a]—over which the Holy Spirit has appointed you as elders.[b] 29 I know that false teachers, like vicious wolves, will come in among you after I leave, not sparing the flock. 30 Even some men from your own group will rise up and distort the truth in order to draw a following.

~J.C. Ryle
Since Satan cannot destroy the gospel, he has too often neutralized its usefullness by addition , subtractyion , or substitution

Being obedience is beautiful. It is the fruit of a regenerated man. But it is not a prerequisite for salvation.

If you are trying to obey God so that you may attain salvation, you will never please God because the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will. That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God.

~Romans 8:7-8
New Living Translation (NLT)
For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will. That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God.

But for a regenerated man, even a glance from him causes the heart of God beats faster.

~Song of Solomon 4:9
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
“You have made my heart beat faster, my sister, my bride;
You have made my heart beat faster with a single glance of your eyes,
With a single strand of your necklace.

~John 10:1-19
New Living Translation (NLT)

The Good Shepherd and His Sheep

10 “I tell you the truth, anyone who sneaks over the wall of a sheepfold, rather than going through the gate, must surely be a thief and a robber! 2 But the one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep recognize his voice and come to him. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 After he has gathered his own flock, he walks ahead of them, and they follow him because they know his voice. 5 They won’t follow a stranger; they will run from him because they don’t know his voice.”

6 Those who heard Jesus use this illustration didn’t understand what he meant, 7 so he explained it to them: “I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who came before me[a] were thieves and robbers. But the true sheep did not listen to them. 9 Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved.[b] They will come and go freely and will find good pastures. 10 The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.

11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep. 12 A hired hand will run when he sees a wolf coming. He will abandon the sheep because they don’t belong to him and he isn’t their shepherd. And so the wolf attacks them and scatters the flock. 13 The hired hand runs away because he’s working only for the money and doesn’t really care about the sheep.
14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, 15 just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep, too, that are not in this sheepfold. I must bring them also. They will listen to my voice, and there will be one flock with one shepherd.

17 “The Father loves me because I sacrifice my life so I may take it back again. 18 No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded.”

19 When he said these things, the people[c] were again divided in their opinions about him.

Reference:
http://www.gty.org/resources/questions/QA126/What-is-the-pastors-responsibility-besides-preaching-and-studying

No comments:

Post a Comment