Saturday, September 7, 2013

Exposition of 2 Peter 2:22 in context by Francis Chan

Exposition of 2 Peter 2:22 in context by Francis Chan

2 Peter 2:22
New King James Version (NKJV)
22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,”[a] and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”

Francis Chan:
I'm not saying that you will lose your salvation.
I'm saying you never had it.

The dog returns to it vomit. The pig after washing itself,returns to the mud.
What does that tells you?

The dogs and the pigs never changes it's nature.
Maybe you got baptise,but you really didn't get baptise.

you just went into the water to get clean off.
You took a bath. You didn't get baptise?

Your nature never change.
But when God comes into you,you are given a different nature.

You are no longer that instinctive creature.
You see while I'm tempted by all that stuff, I could never go back to it.

Sometime some thing tempts me and I'll start moving that direction but the moment I started going that direction, I get sick to my stomach cause I'm not dog anymore. It's like I can't. Why? Because I'm so in Love with Jesus.

Like the thought of turning my back on Him, I feel like garbage when ever I turn my back on God.
See this is the hope in this whole passage. It's not about you trying harder... because you can't do it in the flesh.

You can't change who you are but God can... The bible said He'll put a whole new spirit in you.
And while you used to be a slave to all these passion, like you just have to keep running back to the mud.

He goes now He gives you a new slavery. He goes now I gotta keep doing what's right or it'll drives me nut!

See that's what this passage is saying. It not saying that someone who is truly change.

It shows that now they are still the same that got wash up at some point but God never really change their heart. Jesus died on the cross because of your Sin and paid for it , you gotta believe that.

Then you gotta believe that He can change who you are and put a new spirit in you. So you are no longer enslave to those thing. But can be truly free. And is awesome to have power over your sin.

Not the world wants to entice. But you can't go there can you? Those who have given a new nature. You can't go there can you? It's like it drives you crazy.

Have faith in God. Believe that He died on the cross and forgive all that you have done. And believe that He has the power to pull you away from all that you are doing right now. To give you a new nature...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uayw8Wr_6gs

No comments:

Post a Comment