Saturday, September 7, 2013

Rick Warren views on Total Depravity

Rick Warren views on Total Depravity

Rick Warren:
Total Depravity meaning inability to awaken ourselves to faith and to begin this glorious purpose driven life, we can't do it without God sovereignty.

I just go back to the scripture. And that not of yourselves, even faith. Totally unable to get my salvation started.

Ephesians 2:8 (NASB)
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

I don't used total depravity as much as I like to said total inability.

I like to use this illustration:

33 man trap for 69 days, 2000 feet below the ground. One of them was a christian and over the next 69 days 22 of those guys came to Christ. He came and share the story. But the illustration that I used was. They were unable to pay for their own salvation. They for all their purposes are dead and don't even know it. They are trap, They are doom, there's no way getting out. They can't say " really I don't need the government because I got a spoon. And I'm gonna dig my way out of this hole". It ain't gonna happen. Now on the other hand, coming this direction, they are coming down to save them and the important thing they need to understand. No way would they be able to repay or afford it. This salvation, this rescue is going to take tens of million of dollars and ten life time they could ever afford or pay for their freedom, their salvation, their liberation, their redemption, their rescue, what ever sin in them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_czkQ-3Vo1E

No comments:

Post a Comment