Saturday, August 2, 2014

Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.

Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Genesis 15:6
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
6 (A)Then he believed in the Lord; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

Romans 4:3
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
3 For what does the Scripture say? “(A)Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”

Note:
When we believed in the Lord, God imputed His righteousness onto us.

Not by works of Circumcision,
Not by works of Baptism,
Not by works of Repentance,
Not by works of any form.

No, not even your believing for your eyes are dull to spiritual thing unless supernaturally enabled by God.

Just like an ant cannot comprehend human. Man are unable to comprehend God unless God reveal Himself to them.

As such when we say not by works, we are ascribing it to God for His works.

Giving praise and glory due Him.

We are careful here not to steal His glory.

When any person preaches that unless you be baptize or else you will not be saved, he is giving glory to works of partaking baptism.

When any person preaches that unless you repent or else you will not be saved, he is giving glory to works of repentance.

When any person preaches that unless you believe, repent and baptize or else you will not be saved, he is giving glory to his system of being saved.

Genesis 14:23
New King James Version (NKJV)
23 that I will take nothing, from a thread to a sandal strap, and that I will not take anything that is yours, lest you should say, ‘I have made Abram rich’—

Note:
Notice the reverence Abraham have towards God?
He is careful not to ascribe God's glory to others.
He knows that it is God who granted him the victory over the kings.
Lets us then give to Caesar what is Caesar and to God what is God!
To God be the Glory!

Nothing in my hand I bring, Simply to Thy cross I cling
Naked, come to Thee for dress
Helpless, look to Thee for grace
Foul, I to the fountain fly
Wash me, Saviour, or I die

Job 1:21
New King James Version (NKJV)
“Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
And naked shall I return there.
The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away;
Blessed be the name of the Lord.”

For further reading:
Genesis 14:21-24;Romans 4:11;Romans 4:16

No comments:

Post a Comment