Thursday, March 19, 2015

Grace

Grace
======

Grace is not something that you can lay aside and then try to rely upon it as and when you feel like it.

Grace is not something you can lay aside and with a haughty spirit you puff yourselves up saying:" I am not like these people. I can overcome sin on my own. At least I tried. Not like these people without backbone."

Grace is not something good to have by your side so that you can use it as and when you pleases after you have tried your best and failed.

Grace is all that you have. You cannot be without Grace. You cannot live without Grace. Every moment of your life from tying your shoes lace to every breath you take requires Grace.

To have Grace is to have Christ in your life. For apart from Grace you can do nothing.

Christ is not part of your life that you depend on as and when you please.

Christ is not someone good to have. Christ is all that you have.

There must not be a moment of casting our eyes away from Christ, or we will die.

Luke 18:10-14 NKJV

“Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

No comments:

Post a Comment